White baseball pants are the traditional bottoms for playing baseball. They look neat, sleek, and they are nationally recognized as the norm. These pants make the players visible even from across the vast field due to the somewhat reflective material.
The only issue is that white baseball pants are often magnets for dirt. After a baseball game, our pairs of white baseball pants usually take the fall.
So, How to Clean White Baseball Pants?
Worry not because any pair of white baseball pants can still be salvaged despite the stubborn stains. Here are some pro tips for effective stain removal.
- What You Should Prepare
- Easy Steps to Clean White Baseball Pants
- How To Get Grass Stains Out of White Baseball Pants
- Other Methods to Try When Washing White Baseball Pants
What You Should Prepare
- 2 parts hydrogen peroxide
- 1 part dish soap
- Elbow grease
- Bristle brush
- Clean water (warm and cold)
- Spray bottle
Easy Steps to Clean White Baseball Pants
Step 1: Rinse The Pants
The first step is to rinse the pair of baseball pants. This eliminates the excess dirt that has not been fully soaked into the fabric yet. This may also include blades of grass, chunks of food, clumps of soil, and more.
To do this, simply run the pair of pants under cold and running water. Use a bristle brush to scrub away the outermost layer of the grime gently. This step makes deep cleaning easier since you no longer have to deal with the debris.
Continue rinsing the pants in buckets of water until the water appears clear. You may also use your hands to scrape away or scrub the fabric together.
Step 2: Spray Your Cleaning Solution
One of the most effective cleaning solutions is a mixture of two parts of hydrogen peroxide and one part dish soap. Place the two ingredients in a spray bottle, seal the top, and shake to mix. Spray a generous amount over the problem areas.
Do not hesitate to spray liberally as these won’t damage the fabric. It also halts the onset of dirt so that they won’t stain the pants any longer. Allow the fabric to soak in the solution for a few minutes.
Step 3: Scrub The Solution
After the pants have soaked in the cleaning solution, scrub the fabric. You may add some elbow grease to increase the effectiveness of the cleaning agents.
Lay the pants on a scrubbing board or any flat and stable surface. Make sure to clean the surface beforehand to avoid additional stains. Take your bristle brush and then scrub over the stained areas. After a few scrubs, you’ll notice that the stains should lighten and lift.
Step 4: Rinse The Pants
Wash the pants to get rid of the cleaning solutions. Make sure to wash the pants on their own. Mixing other clothes with colors may stain the pants or experience some fading.
It is advisable to rinse the pants in some warm water. The high temperature will cause the fabric to loosen up so that the stains will lift even further. However, if the pants have stripes, accents, and other colorful details, you may want to settle with lukewarm water instead.
Hang the pants to dry in a well-ventilated area. The dryer may cause the pants to shrink and the color to fade.
How To Get Grass Stains Out of White Baseball Pants
What you should prepare:
- Liquid detergent
- Water and vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
Grass stains are an entirely different story, especially if they have already set in the pants.
- Start by wetting the pants with some water or rubbing alcohol. Attempt to lift some of the stains by dabbing a sponge or some cotton swabs.
- Next, apply some liquid detergent to the problem areas and allow this to soak for 5 minutes.
- Rinse, and then if the stain is still there, rub some white toothpaste to remove grass stains from white baseball pants.
- Rinse the toothpaste and for the last resort, soak the pants in one part water and one part vinegar mixture.
- Hang up the pants to dry, and you should be good to go.
Other Methods to Try When Washing White Baseball Pants
If the first few methods fail, here are some alternatives you can try.
Bleach is known as the ultimate stain remover. This is a very aggressive cleaning agent that can eliminate even the most stubborn stains, from grass to dirt.
This is also advisable if you are in a rush and do not have time to go through the multiple steps listed above. Bleach is fast-acting with immediate results, making cleaning baseball pants easy as pie.
- Dilute half a cup of bleach in a bucket of warm water.
- Soak the pants for up to forty minutes. There is no need to scrub or brush the fabric as the cleaning agent does most of the work for you. Stronger variants may show results within 15 minutes.
- After soaking, rinse them in warm water and allow them to dry.
This method guarantees color fading due to the aggressive ingredients. It may also damage the fibers of the fabric so do this only when necessary.
2. Power Washing
This is another creative yet effective way to get white baseball pants clean. Power washing can handle everything, from grass stains to dirt.
- Simply head to a car wash center and have their equipment stream high pressure hot and cold water at the pants. There are also soap mixtures that can contribute to the elimination of stains.
- You may do this at home with your own power washer. Lay the pants on the floor. Make sure to place the pants on top of some clear plastic or tarp to avoid getting stained even further. The strong stream of water will cause the stains to lift. Then you can do deep cleaning later with detergent.
No one likes to show up on the baseball field with a pair of stained pants. Not everyone has the luxury to purchase a new pair whenever an old one gets stained. That is why we should know how to clean white baseball pants without ruining them.
Did you like reading our article? Make sure to forward this to your friends and loved ones who likewise need assistance in the stains removal department! Feel free to comment on any handy tip we might have missed. Together, we can all eliminate the pesky stains and end up with white baseball pants that look as good as new!
Read more: Step by step to Shrink Baseball Pants
A powerful swing and the ball is flying across the field, just one hit, and we might never forget the thrill it brings. I do not know about you, but I never do. Every baseball game is the chance to compete with others and cooperate with your teammate. It is among my biggest passions.