Collecting baseball hats help fans relive the moments of the game. Thus, the act of collecting, organizing, and storing baseball hats is not unusual.
But whether we like it or not, such an endeavor comes with a few problems, one of which is the possibility of deterioration of the hats after years of storage. Another is the overwhelming number of hats collected in decades. However, there is one simple solution: proper storage.
Read this article to learn how to store baseball hats.
Ways to Hang Baseball Hats
1. Clothes Hanger
Clothes hangers exist to organize, hang, dry, and keep shirts in their best shape. Hangers should also come in handy when collecting hats and other items which can be hung.
Clothes hangers are often made of wood, metal, or plastic. Of the materials that make up clothes hangers, wood proves to be the most durable. Wooden hangers do not deteriorate over time, even when used with wet items. And, they are not too heavy or light – a perfect balance between metal and plastic.
2. Shower Curtain Rings
Shower curtain rings are the top tool to store baseball caps. Moreover, you do not have to go picky on your curtain rings. Even cheap ones work magic!
Pegs work like clothes hangers and curtain rings. The only significant difference is their integrative design, as pegs blend easily in every corner of the house.
Use them to organize baseball hats, and you will no longer have to spend effort remembering numerous locations for your hats.
4. Hat Boxes
Hat boxes provide the simplest solution for storing your baseball hats. Those seeking humid-free storage are sure to find it with the hat boxes.
With a larger size, hat boxes can store not only one but several baseball hats. So they should work perfectly with your collections.
5. Head Molds
Head molds do not usually find their place inside typical homes. One would usually find them in parlors, designer shops, fashion buildings, and the like. But with them around, it would be pretty easy to store your baseball hat for a temporary period.
Quick advice: Head molds can be quite expensive, whether you buy or make your own. So consider your budget before getting one.
Tips to Store Baseball Hats
1. With a Hatbox
The hatbox is the best way to store baseball hats. Once you have decided to use one, do the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose and buy the largest hatbox. The larger the hatbox, the more baseball hats can be stored.
- Step 2: Insert the hat caps onto each other by their crown and bill to create a single pile.
- Step 3: Place them inside the box.
- Step 4: Close the box with its lid.
- Step 5: Label the box for identification purposes.
- Step 6: Store the box.
- Step 7: Use another box if there are more hats.
2. With Pegs
Using pegs proves to be another effective way of storing baseball caps. Here are the tips on how to do it:
- Sort out which hats to hang. Old, antique, and collector’s item hats sag more when hung.
- Buy and pick the pegs of your choice.
- Choose a corner in your home to attach the pegs. Refer to the product instructions before hanging or attaching the pegs.
- If there is no manual, screw or nail the tool to a sturdy part of the wall.
- Use wall-friendly adhesive as another option.
- Begin hanging the hats.
3. With Head mold
- Choose the head mold that perfectly resembles the size of your hat.
- Locate a stable and strategic spot in your home to put your head mold. Design the area to stabilize the head mold.
- Rest your hat/s on the head mold.
4. With DIY Pegs
- Buy a bunch of shower curtain rings.
- Attach the rings to any protrusions or ready hooks in any corner of your home. Make sure that the attachment is stable.
- If there are no hooks, use a clothes hanger to serve as a rod for the curtain rings.
- Hang the baseball hats.
Avoid hanging old, antique, and saggy baseball hats.
Aside from the above baseball hat storage ideas, you can simply use a cabinet.
- Select a cabinet spot in your home that is easy to access.
- Empty the wardrobe to make it an exclusive organizer for hats.
- Clean and dust if necessary.
- Arrange the caps to your preference.
So there you go, you should now know how to store baseball hats. The options on how to keep your favorite collected hats never run out. Some follow a DIY route, while the rest take a short stroll in the department store.
Baseball hats are indeed precious. Thus, they deserve a bit of time and effort in storage and organization!
What do you think of our tips? Do you have other baseball cap storage ideas? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
A powerful swing and the ball is flying across the field, just one hit, and we might never forget the thrill it brings. I do not know about you, but I never do. Every baseball game is the chance to compete with others and cooperate with your teammate. It is among my biggest passions.