I know I’ve done a poor job of keeping Wezen-Ball updated over here with links and info to my other writings. I apologize for that. I’ll try to keep things up-to-date a little more often. As an apology, here are a few links to some of my favorite pieces over the last month or so. Enjoy!
- A (nearly) exhaustive look at every mascot in Major League Baseball history. Help me fill in any gaps.
- A story called “How ‘Scientific Baseball’ Has Changed the Game” originally published in 1911.
- The umpire behind the plate for Johnny Vander Meer’s second no-hitter was also an NHL ref and a Stanley Cup wining coach!
- There are three managers in baseball named Ron. Which is baseball’s version of Ron Swanson?
- A boardgame from the mid-1960s called “Challenge the Yankees”. Nice looking card set too.
- Remembering Manny Ramirez upon his retirement. This one gets a little Cardboard Gods-y (in a good way, I hope).
- In Tater Trot Tracker news, Peter Bourjos sets a new bar (14.02 seconds!) and we have a look at Duane Kuiper’s lone trot.
I’ll do a better job of keeping everyone in the loop here. In the meantime, you can see my latest posts with this Baseball Prospectus RSS feed.
I will also be doing a chat at BPro Thursday afternoon at 1pm Eastern. Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you over there!